💡 I have a high-quality camera and microphone setup so I’m good to go there.
Table of Contents
My story, rapid fire:
- Grew up ~300 pounds. Lost it all at age 20. Now 180 at 6’3”.
- Lost father at 13. He left my mom who earned $26k per year with unknown debt and a voided life insurance policy (due to him changing it 3 days before laws changed where he’d need her signature to change it).
- Trained as mechanical engineer
- Had life drained out of me by two governmental co-op jobs
- Taught myself programming
- Worked as freelancer web developer for 5 years
- Travelled for 3.5 years as a digital nomad (learned multiple languages to conversational fluency)
- Been to every continent (including Antarctica)
- Have read Harry Potter in 6 languages
- April 2017 started a growth agency, Bell Curve (more below) with co-founder Julian Shapiro
- Early 2019 started a marketing education startup, Demand Curve (more below). Got accepted to Y Combinator in Summer 2019
- Grew up in Kelowna, BC. Moved to Vancouver, BC. Lived out of a backpack for 3.5 years. Now live in Victoria, BC.
My daily role
- General founder strategy and random duties.
- I write and edit our weekly newsletter to 80k founders and marketers.
- Technical implementation of everything for my companies.
- We use 98% No Code. This means setting up funnels with Webflow, Zapier, Airtable, email programs, etc.